Employer Sponsored Visa Subclass 494 Requirements
Employer Sponsored stream Nomination requirements
Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional visa 494 Nomination
- the application must be in the nomination in relation to a proposed occupation;
- the visa application must be in the nomination, and the nomination must be:
- already approved or
- lodged with the Department but no decision has yet been made
Visa Subclass 494 Age Requirement
At the time of application, the applicant must have been under 45
or in any of the five categories
- academic applicants
- regional medical practitioner applicants
- science applicants
- subclass 444/461 workers
- subclass 457/482 workers
Visa Subclass 494 Requirements – Skills assessment
the applicant must:
The validity period of skills assessment for visa 494
Skills assessing is specifying expiry dates.
If a skills assessment specifies an expiry date;
Or that is 3 years from the date of assessment.
No further application conditions – waiver provisions
If your current visa has the no further stay condition attached, you should apply for the waiver first before you have your visa 494 application.
Approved nomination visa 494 – Genuine intention
- the position associated with the nominated occupation is genuine; and
- the visa applicant’s intention to perform the occupation is genuine.
A genuine employer-employee relationship for visa 494
- a contract of employment
- ability to appoint or dismiss the employee
- employer is responsible for the work environment, including:
- place of work
- tools, material and equipment for work
- employer sets work parameters, including:
- allocating tasks to the employee
- supervising the work of the employee
- assessing and determining the output of the employee
- employer pays the employee a regular salary
- employer complies with all relevant taxation obligations in relation to the employee including:
- withholding PAYG taxation and payment to the ATO in accordance with relevant legislation
- employer provides conditions of service for the employee, including:
- leave provisions
- WHS arrangements
- other workplace relations obligations such as sexual harassment provisions
- superannuation for the employee in accordance with the relevant legislation
- liability for WorkCover payments for the employee
Visa 494 Benefits
It is a five years visa
But you can apply for the permanent resident visa after 3 years
Visa 494 is a pathway to PR visa 191 (commences 16 November 2022)
Include your family with your visa application 494
- Dependent children/step-children – Partner’s dependent children
- Partner – Married couple or de facto relationship.
Your married or de facto partner
Dependent CHILDREN requirements
ENGLISH for Permanent visa depends
All applicants over 18 should demonstrate functional English or pay the second installment.
IELTS – An average band score of at least 4.5
- Completed all years of primary education and at least three years of secondary education in an educational institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.
- Completed at least five years of secondary education in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.
How much Visa 494 Cost
This visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant, AUD2,025 for each dependent 18 years and over, and AUD1,010 for each dependent under 18 years.
It costs an additional AUD4,890 if any dependent applicants who are 18 years and over do not have functional English.
This extra charge is called a second installment.