Transport Company Manager Vetassess Skills Assessment
What is the requirement of a Transport Company Manager Vetassess Skills Assessment?
A Transport Company Manager organises and controls the operations of an enterprise that operates a fleet of vehicles to transport goods and passengers.
- Bus Company Manager
- Car Rental Agency Manager
Occupations and specialisations not considered
under this ANZSCO code:
- Fleet Manager
- Railway Station Manager
- Truck Driver
- Taxi Driver
- Container Controller
- Logistics Manager
- Supply and Distribution Manager
What’re the Requirements for Skills Assessment
This occupation requires
a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma or higher, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
If the qualification is in a field highly relevant to the occupation, then at least one year of highly relevant post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level is required, completed in the last five years.
If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level is required, completed in the last five years; this is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.
If employment is pre-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required. This is in addition to one year of highly relevant employment within the past five years.
A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.
What’s the requirement for Qualification
AQF Diploma or higher
Highly relevant fields of study include Business Management or Transport Management.
Subjects may include:
- Operations Management
- Freight Management
- Transport Management
- HR Management
- Financial Management
- Safety Risk Management
- Vehicle Safety
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Business Development
- Transport Planning and Operations
What’s the requirement for Employment
Pre-qualification employment can be considered for this occupation.
Required tasks for this occupation include (in the transport company management, unless stated otherwise):
- organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
- receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
- arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations