Social Professionals NEC Vetassess Skills Assessment
What is the requirement of a Social Professionals NEC Vetassess Skills Assessment?
What’s the Skills Assessment – Job description
Social Professionals research and study human behaviour, society and institutions from current and historical perspectives, and verbally render spoken statements, and transcribe the text and recorded spoken material from one language into another. This occupation group covers Social Professionals not elsewhere classified.
What’s the requirement for Qualification Assessment
AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree*
This occupation requires a qualification of high relevance to the field of expertise in which the employment is undertaken.
For example, a Sociologist must have an AQF Bachelor degree or higher degree in the field of Sociology.
Interdisciplinary qualifications can also be considered if there is a clear connection between qualification and employment.
Qualifications in Social Work would generally not be considered highly relevant to Social Professionals nec due to the very different educational pathways and career outcomes.
While Sociologists and Social Workers draw on a similar body of knowledge, Sociology generally focuses on research and study, while Social Workers are more directly involved with applying knowledge about society to assist individuals and families.
What’s the requirement for Employment Assessment
Highly relevant tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Organising, authenticating, evaluating and interpreting historical, political, sociological, archaeological, anthropological and linguistic data;
- Undertaking historical and cultural research into human activity, and preparing and presenting research findings;
- Researching and understanding trends in urban development with implications for planning and sustainability;
- Analysing and comparing contemporary political systems and trends;
- Analysing and reporting on demographic changes and implications for social and economic systems;
- Contributing new thinking on the moral and ethical aspects of a broad range of social phenomena;
- Researching and understanding different cultures and their development and changes over time.
Social Professionals research and study human behavior, society, and institutions from current and historical perspectives.
For a positive outcome, involvement in research is required. In line with the nature of employment, applicants are expected to be involved in basic or applied research.
Social Professionals may work in a variety of organisations, such as universities, non-profit institutions, research and advisory groups, multilateral organisations and government bodies.
Social Professionals nec is a VETASSESS Group A occupation.
This occupation requires
A qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
Applicants must also have at least one year of highly relevant, post-qualification employment, at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.
A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment outcome. Please refer to the diagram below for the assessment criteria.
Occupations considered suitable under this
ANZSCO code 272499:
- Heritage Consultant
- Parole Board Member
- Political Scientist
- Transport Analyst
Occupations not considered under this
ANZSCO code 272499: