Management consultant Vetassess Skills Assessment
What is the requirement of a Management consultant Vetassess Skills Assessment?
What’s the requirement for Vetassess skills assessment – Job Description
Management Consultants assist organisations to achieve greater efficiency and solve organisational problems.
Specialisation listed on ANZSCO:
Occupations not considered as highly relevant
under this ANZSCO code include, but are not limited to:
- Managers (ANZSCO Major Group 1)
- Management Accountant (ANZSCO Code 221112)
- Taxation Accountant (Taxation Consultant) (ANZSCO Code 221113)
- Financial Investment Adviser (ANZSCO Code 222311)
- Human Resource Adviser (ANZSCO Code 223111)
- Recruitment Consultant (ANZSCO Code 223112)
- Training and Development Professional (ANZSCO Code 223311)
- Policy Analyst (ANZSCO Code 224412)
- Organisation and Methods Analyst (ANZSCO Code 224712)
- Information and Organisation Professionals nec (ANZSCO Code 224999)
- Marketing Specialist (Marketing Consultant) (ANZSCO Code 225112)
- Market Research Analyst (ANZSCO Code 225112)
- Public Relations Professional (Public Relations Consultant) (ANZSCO Code 225311)
- Agricultural Consultant (ANZSCO Code 234111)
- Environmental Consultant (ANZSCO Code 2343
What’re the Requirements for Skills Assessment
This occupation requires
A qualification that is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree.
If the qualification is in a highly relevant field to the occupation, then one year of highly relevant, post-qualification employment is required. This must be within the past five years.
If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, three years of highly relevant, postqualification employment is required. This must be within the past five years. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.
If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of relevant employment are required. This is in addition to one year of highly relevant employment within the past five years.
A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome
What’s the requirement for Qualification
AQF Bachelor degree or higher Highly relevant fields of study:
- Business Management – the study of planning and directing the activities of commercial enterprises and understanding the nature, operation and role of business, as well as the resolution of management and administrative problems.
Organisation Management – the study of organisational structure and change. Other fields of study may be considered for a Full Skills Assessment if the employment is assessed as highly relevant and the field of study pertains to the applicant’s area of consulting
What’s the requirement for Employment
- assisting and encouraging the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving customer satisfaction and the efficient use of organisations’ resources
- discussing business and organisational shortcomings with clients
- analysing and evaluating current systems and structures
- discussing current systems with staff and observing systems at all levels of the organisation
- directing clients towards the more efficient organisation and developing solutions to organisational problems
- undertaking and reviewing work studies by analysing existing and proposed methods and procedures such as administrative and clerical procedures
- recording and analysing organisations’ work flow charts, records, reports, manuals and job descriptions
- preparing and recommending proposals to revise methods and procedures, alter workflows, redefine job functions and resolve organisational problems
- assisting in implementing approved recommendations, issuing revised instructions and procedure manuals, and drafting other documentation
- reviewing operating procedures and advising of departures from procedures and standards
Supporting material for assessment
Reference letters from employers should include detail of tasks undertaken. Applicants nominating this occupation are also required to provide:
- A Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- For each period of employment within the past five years, a written summary of representative consulting engagements, including specification of the relevant clients, issues faced, approaches/methods adopted, and outcomes obtained. Refer to Appendix below for a template
- An Organisational Chart for each period of employment. This should include the company letterhead, the applicant’s job position and those of her/his superiors and subordinates as well as all positions reporting to her/his immediate supervisor and to her/his direct subordinates.
Applicants are also further encouraged to provide the following, if possible:
- Official Position Descriptions for all roles held
- Detailed website links for each of their employers, detailing:
o Relevant department/unit at which they were employed, if links are available
o Relevant services provided
- Website links for major external clients, if relevant
- Any further online information of relevance to their work during the period
- Reference letters from clients
- Samples of contracts if relevant to the role performed
- Documents generated during the consultancy process, such as consultancy reports
- Any other documents they believe relevant to their role