ICT Sales representative Vetassess Skills Assessment
What is the requirement of an ICT Sales representative Vetassess Skills Assessment?
Occupation Skills Assessment – Job Description
An ICT Sales Representative develops and converts sales opportunities into sales of computer hardware, software and ICT services
Occupations not considered by VETASSESS
under this ANZSCO code
• ICT Account Manager
• ICT Business Development Manager
• ICT Sales Assistant
• Sales Representative (Business Services)
• Technical Sales Representatives nec
What’re the Requirements for Skills Assessment
This occupation requires
A qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree or higher, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
If the qualification is in a highly relevant field to the occupation, then at least one year of highly relevant post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level is required, completed in the last five years.
If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, three years of highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level is required, completed in the last five years; this is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.
If employment is pre-qualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment are required. This is in addition to one year of highly relevant employment within the past five years.
A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.
What’s the requirement of Qualification
AQF Bachelor degree or higher
Highly relevant fields of study would include disciplines relevant to information and communication products, such as computer science and information technology. Subjects may include:
- Business Information Systems
- Communications Technology
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science
- Computer Software /
- Electronics or Electronic Engineering
- Information Management
- Networks and Data Communications
- Systems Analysis
What’s the requirement for Employment
Pre-qualification employment can be considered for this occupation.
ICT Sales Representatives are IT personnel selling enterprise software, products and services.
The ICT products sold are typically targeted at the enterprise (corporate) or public sectors and would normally be expected to constitute business solutions rather than be off-the-shelf products.
The role requires in-depth, specialised knowledge in ICT to assess the needs of client organisations, explain the goods and services in detail, and engage in appropriate reporting and business planning.
ICT Sales Assistants, who sell computing and telecommunications-related goods and services in retail and wholesale establishments, are elsewhere classified in ANZSCO at a lower skill level than ICT Sales Professionals.
Highly relevant tasks include
but are not limited to:
• compiling lists of prospective client businesses using trade directories and other sources
• acquiring and updating knowledge of employer’s and competitors’ goods and services, and market conditions
• visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
• assessing customers’ needs and explaining the goods and services which meet their needs
• promoting employers’ ICT goods and services to existing and prospective clients
• quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
• arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
• reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of ICT goods and services
• following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with ICT goods and services purchased, arranging modifications and resolving any problems arising
• preparing sales reports, and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred