Advertising Specialist Vetassess Skills Assessment
What is the requirement of an Advertising Specialist Vetassess Skills Assessment?
What’s the skills assessment – Job description
An Advertising Specialist devises and coordinates advertising campaigns which encourage consumers to purchase particular goods or services.
Alternative Titles for Vetassess skills assessment:
- Advertising Account Executive
- Advertising Account Manager
- Creative Director (Advertising)
Occupations not considered as highly relevant
under this ANZSCO code:
- Marketing Specialist
- Market Research Analyst
- Public Relations Professional
- Advertising Manager
What is the Requirement for Skills Assessment
This occupation requires
A qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor or higher.
If the qualification is in a highly relevant field to the occupation, then one year of highly relevant, post-qualification employment is required. This must be within the past five years.
If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, three years of highly relevant, post-qualification employment is required. This must be within the past five years. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.
If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of relevant employment are required. This is in addition to one year of highly relevant employment within the past five years.
A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.
What’s the Requirement for Qualification
AQF Bachelor degree or higher
Highly relevant major fields of study include:
General business and commerce qualifications are not normally considered relevant.
What’s the Requirement for Employment
Pre-qualification employment can be considered for this occupation.
Highly relevant tasks include, but are not limited to:
- planning, developing and organising advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of goods and services
- coordinating production of advertising campaigns involving specialised activities, such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement, within time and budget constraints
Supporting material for assessment
Applicants nominating this occupation are required to provide:
- A Curriculum Vitae / Resume
Applicants are also advised to provide samples of some of the following supplementary
material, if possible:
- Advertising plans
- Campaign material
- Contracts if relevant to the role performed
An organisational chart may also assist to clarify the focus and responsibility level of positions held. This should include the company letterhead, an applicant’s job position and those of her/his superiors and subordinates as well as all positions reporting to the applicant’s immediate supervisor and her/his direct subordinates.