Civil Engineering Draftsperson Vetassess Skills Assessment
What is the requirement of a Civil Engineering Draftsperson Vetassess Skills Assessment?
What’s the skills assessment – Job Description
Civil Engineering Draftspersons prepare detailed drawings and plans for civil engineering work in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Plumbing Engineering Draftsperson
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
- Hydraulic Engineering Draftsperson
- Transport Engineering Draftsperson
Occupations not considered
under this ANZSCO code:
- Architectural Draftsperson
- Building Associate
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Civil Engineers
- Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
- Mechanical Engineer Technician
What’re the Requirements for Skills Assessment
This occupation requires
A qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma or higher, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
If the qualification is in a highly relevant field to the occupation, then at least one year of highly relevant post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years is required.
If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years is required.
This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.
If employment is pre-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required. This is in addition to one year of highly relevant employment within the past five years.
A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.
What’s the requirement for Qualification
AQF Diploma or higher
Highly relevant major fields of study include:
- Civil Engineering
- Engineering Drafting – Civil Design
Qualifications in certain engineering fields may be accepted on a case-by-case basis if the program consists of sufficient subjects in Structure, Materials, Drafting / Drawing and core subjects in their respective specialised fields.
What’s the requirement for Employment
Highly relevant tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- assisting a Civil / Structural Engineer in preparing documentation for works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, stormwater, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- preparing drawings such as sketches and documentation
- prepares specifications
- carries out surveys and prepares survey reports
- ability to use specific computer software or hand drawings to complete relevant tasks
- assists in programming the work, checking materials
- may inspect works on site
- may organise and supervise maintenance and repair work of plumbing and water supply systems
- designs sanitary plumbing and water supply systems including fire service systems
- maintains close contact with construction workers and project managers
In order to be considered as a Civil Engineering Draftsperson, the position must be involved with the preparation and execution of drawings in the form of sketches and documentation, as well as charts and tabulations under the supervision of a Civil Engineer.
The drawings should be created with the intent to allow contractors to prepare a tender price for the works and be able to use the drawings in order to build civil / structural engineering projects.
Categories of acceptable employment contexts include (but not limited to):
- Engineering consultancy firm (may specialise in structural / civil works / transport / hydraulic / fire services / environmental / waste management / site preparation / geotechnical / coastal)
- Construction / Demolition
- Off-site modular / pre-fabrication company (e.g. precast concrete manufacturer)
- Landscape design consultancy firm
- Government authority within a relevant department
- Utility authority within a relevant department