Victoria’s interim skilled and business migration program
Update 2 October 2020
Continue to process skilled visa 190/491 after 5 October 2020
The Department of Home Affairs has now confirmed that we can continue to use our interim allocation places beyond 5 October.
We will continue nominating skilled and business migrants until we fill our interim nomination places. If you have been selected to apply for a skilled visa, you can continue to submit your State Skilled Nominated Visa application past 5 October.
Skilled and business programs in VIC
VIC government has had significant interest in both the skilled and business programs. The numbers below show that this continues to be a competitive process.
Victoria’s interim allocation for 2020-21 were:
– 600 places for skilled subclass 190
– 200 places for skilled subclass 491
– 400 places for the business innovation and investment program
Cases have been received in VIC:
– more than 2400 registrations of interest received from skilled migrants, and
– more than 480 applications from business migrants.
Once Victoria receives confirmation of its full 2020-21 nomination allocations for the skilled and business migration programs, we will be in a position to reopen our visa nomination programs.