Tasmanian VISA 190 – Live and work in Tasmanian
Category 1 – Tasmanian Graduate
To be considered for this category you must meet all the following criteria:
- Have completed and graduated from a CRICOS registered tertiary institution in Tasmania and met the Australian study requirement through study in Tasmania
- Have lived in the state for at least 2 years and during your period of study prior to applying for visa state nomination
- You and your dependents must currently be living in Tasmania and can provide evidence of genuine commitment to continue to live in Tasmania.
Category 2 – Working in Tasmania
To be considered for this category, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- you must have been working in Tasmania for six months immediately prior to your application for state nomination – at least 35 hours per week in one full-time job or in two or more part-time jobs
- must be in an occupation listed on the Tasmanian Skilled Occupations List (TSOL) –
- your employer must be a well-established business that has been actively operating in Tasmania for the past 12 months
- there must be a genuine, ongoing need for your position within the business
- your employment needs to be in your nominated occupation
- you and your dependents must currently be living in Tasmania and can provide evidence of genuine commitment to continue to live in Tasmania
Other – Small Business Owner for the subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa.
Sole traders/subcontractors may be eligible for nomination visa 491
Flexible nomination requirements for applicants affected by COVID-19 restrictions
In general, we will consider the following factors:
- A minimum of 3 months full-time employment up to the closure of business/reduction in hours.
- Full-time employment ceased directly due to a COVID-19 related closedown or restriction.
- There is a reasonable likelihood of being able to return to employment (full or part-time).
Reduction in hours from full-time to part-time as a result of COVID-19 restrictions will be considered with leniency.
What is the age limit?
Not yet turned 45 years of age.
How long does it take to get invitation for 190 visa?
Usually, 3 to 6 months.