Student Visa Application Checklist – 500
Document Checklist for Student Visa Application Australia – subclass 500
Attach a copy of your passport.
Also, include one of a certified copy of your
- birth certificate,
- national identity card or
- driver license
Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
You will need your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to apply for your student visa.
- if applying outside Australia – a (CoE) for all intended courses
- if applying in Australia – a CoE or letter of offer for all intended courses
A CoE must be provided before the visa can be granted.
Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)
A student visa applicant must provide evidence of adequate arrangements in Australia for health insurance during their period of intended stay in Australia.
Health insurance must be Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
You must obtain OSHC for yourself and any accompanying dependants from at least one week before your course starts and for the duration of your stay in Australia.
Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement – GTE
A genuine temporary entrant (GTE) statement is for a student visa applicant to support a genuine intention to enter and remain in Australia temporarily
Evidence to show that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement for a student visa.
You can include evidence such as:
- Proof of employment – your current or most recent employment which includes payslips or a contract. You can also attach your most recent curriculum vitae or résumé. Your curriculum vitae or résumé should include employment and educational history.
- Qualifications – a certified copy of your academic transcripts, Educational Certificate (Degree, Diploma etc.) or letter/statement from your overseas Education Institution.
- Australian qualifications – a certified copy of your academic transcripts, Educational Certificate (Degree, Diploma etc.) or letter/statement from your Australian Education Institution.
English language proficiency
- Overall IELTS band score 5.5; or
- Overall band score 5 if packaged with at least 10 weeks English course ’ ELICOS; or
- Overall band score of 4.5 if packaged with at least 20 weeks English course ’ ELICOS.
You need to demonstrate you have access to support yourself and your family members with you when you are studying in Australia.
- travel expenses: AUD1,000 to 2,000
- living costs and expenses: a period of 12 months or more – AUD21,041 (annual living costs)
- the course fees – minus any amount already paid
Note: if you are a single student, approx. AUD$22,500 + whatever the course fees annually. If you are a student with family members, approx. AUD$ 30,500 + whatever the course fees annually.