SKILLED WORK VISA 491 COMMENCED ON 16 NOVEMBER 2019
SKILLED WORK VISA 491
As part of a package of initiatives to support regional Australia.
The Skilled Visa 491 Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491)
A new and enhanced General Skilled Migration (GSM) points-tested skilled visa to assist regional Australia, for applicants nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area.
Your application for the Skilled visa 491 are two separate processes, there are State Nomination and Visa Application.
- The applicant must be under 45 years old, nominated by the state or Territory government in a skilled occupation
- State or Territory government nominates an applicant directly from SkillSelect EOI.
- Or Applicant declares they are sponsored by a relative.
- the applicant must have been successfully invited by the State.
Suitable skills assessment
Skilled occupation list search
English language must have been undertaken within the 3 years immediately before the date of the invitation.
Click here check your English
Click here check your points
Family members as a spouse or de facto partner of the family to apply at the same time
Or Subsequent entrants are those secondary applicants to apply for visa 491 visa
Want to move to Tasmania Visa 491 &190, Study or Work for your Australian PR – Check your Eligibility.
Skilled visa 491
- stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant you the visa
- live, work and study in a designated region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022
SKILLED WORK VISA 491
Designated regional area
- You and all members of your family unit who are also holders of the visa will need to live work and study in a designated regional area of Australia. Your nomination must not be withdrawn, or you will not be granted the visa.
You can include your children and your partner
- include them when you submit your visa application
- add a dependent child after you submit but before we decide on your visa application.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet health and a good character requirement
If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, tell the reason why (for example, they already hold Australian citizenship or are a permanent resident).
Tasmanian Skilled Visa 491
Importantly, if you intend to move to Tasmania for your Skilled visa 491 – PR pathway, you Need 6 months working in your occupation in TAS.
Your application for the visa are two separate processes, there are State Nomination and Visa Application.
Queensland Visa 491 Nomination
Queensland Visa 491 is the most competitive stream for the pathway to permanent residency if you would like to move there 3 months before you apply for the nomination and live there for 3 years. This stream is for migrants who are living and working in Queensland in their skilled occupation (closely related) and have an occupation that has been identified as a shortage in Queensland.
VIC SKILLED WORK REGIONAL VISA 491
RECEIVE A SKILLED VISA 491 NOMINATION FROM VICTORIA
VIC Skilled Work Regional visa 491
How to be eligible for the VIC visa 491 Nomination
Firstly, age should be under 45 with competent English…
ACT nomination visa 491 is a two-stage process:
ACT 491 needs three months of residence prior to the application. You must formally express an interest in applying for ACT nomination by completing a score-based ‘Canberra Matrix’ where you are allocated points against demonstrated economic contribution or benefit and/or a genuine commitment to be part of the ACT community.
You can select either ACT 491 nomination or ACT 190 nomination. The highest-ranked candidates in each stream will then be selected and invited to apply for ACT nomination. There is not guarantee that your Matrix score will be ranked as the demand for ACT nomination far exceeds the number of nomination places available each year.