SA Skilled visa 190/491 – As international graduate of South Australia
What are the requirements for an international graduate of South Australia visa 491/190
As an international graduate of South Australia, you have access to additional waivers and concessions to assist you to qualify for state nomination.
- providing additional points towards your subclass 190 or subclass 491 application.
For international graduates of South Australia, state nomination can assist you to qualify for a skilled migration visa,
To be eligible for the International graduate of South Australia (SA graduate) pathway, there are study requirements that apply.
Click here to add your own text
Please refer to the Requirements & Waivers section on this page.
Waivers and concessions to assist you to qualify for state nomination 491/190
To be eligible for the International Graduate of South Australia (SA Graduate) pathway, the following study requirements apply:
- Your South Australian course must be CRICOS registered, with a minimum of 46 CRICOS weeks
- A minimum of 50% of your qualification must have been completed in South Australia
- You must have resided in South Australia for at least one year during your period of study
- You must have continuously resided in South Australia post-course completion
- You must meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements for the subclass 491 or subclass 190 visa
- You must meet the nomination requirements outlined here and as listed for your nominated occupation
- You must meet any course requirements or minimum qualification levels listed for your occupation
How to be eligible for subclass 491 or 190 nominations
- SA graduates must be currently working in their nominated or closely related occupation for the last 3 months
- Where specified, some occupations may require longer work experience requirements.
- For the purposes of state-nomination, closely related occupation is defined as within the ANZSCO 2-digit level.
- Research work undertaken as part of your PhD will not be accepted as skilled work experience
- You must be working at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight in your nominated or closely related occupation in South Australia for the duration required for your nominated occupation unless specified differently for your occupation. If you are working part-time (less than 35 hours per week), you may be offered a 491 nomination.
Waivers to the skilled work experience requirements
It is available for selected SA graduates if you apply through the Talent and Innovators program – high performing graduate stream
- Where specified for your nominated occupation
- waivers to the skilled work experience requirement are available if you are currently working as a care worker or support worker in a role that is relevant to your qualification. Examples include Registered Nurses nec or Enrolled Nurses working as aged and disability care workers and Social Workers or Welfare Workers working as social support workers
How To be eligible for subclass 491 nomination
- you must be working for the last 18 months in Greater Adelaide or the last 12 months in outer regional South Australia (for at least 10 hours per week or 20 hours per fortnight).
- The work does not have to be post-course completion and can be undertaken during your studies
SA graduates or their partners
- who have resided in South Australia long-term may also be eligible for a waiver to the work experience requirement
- if they are working in any skilled occupation for the last 12 months in South Australia.
- This applies to graduates from all registered training organisations or higher education providers in South Australia.