Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #5129

    My partner came to Australia on an e-visa from the UK which has expired now. Can he apply for a work visa while he is stuck in Australia?

    If your partner is unable to depart from Australia due to the restrictions of COVID19 or other compelling or compassionate reasons and he/she is not eligible to apply for any other visa, the visa 408 can be applied for Pandemic event in this circumstance.

    Or, he can extend his tourist visa onshore manually via tourist scheme 600 or any other eligible visa he can apply for. However, overstaying without a visa may cause travel ban and negative impacts of the further visa applications.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.