Adoption Child Visa 102
This Child visa lets children adopted outside Australia live in Australia with their adoptive parent.
Adoption compliance certificate
An adoption compliance certificate (ACC) is a certification that a full and permanent adoption has occurred under the Hague Convention or a bilateral agreement.
Although the format of an ACC may vary, the certificate will usually:
- specify the date and place where the adoption took place
- identify the child and the adoptive parents by name and
- identify the two countries involved in the adoption.
Child for adoption
Full and permanent adoption
An adoption where the legal ties to the birth parents are severed and, under law, the adoptive parents obtain full parental rights.
An adoption has occurred but the bonds with the birth parents are not severed under law
Children adopted by Australian citizens may be eligible for Australian citizenship automatically or by application depending on the adoption arrangement.
For policy and procedure relating to citizenship for adopted children, please contact us
To be submitted at the time of application
Completed form 40CH Sponsorship for a child to migrate to Australia and any required supporting documentation (for example, evidence of permanent residence status or Australian citizenship).
Letter from Australian STCAA supporting the adoption:
- details of the visa applicant including name, sex, date of birth, nationality, and place of usual residence
- a statement that the applicant has been allocated to the prospective adoptive parents, by a competent authority in the country of the child’s usual
for the latest Blog & News