Invest in Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
ACT Government welcomes overseas investment visa 188 & visa 888 invest in Canberra, Australia’s national capital. A city of innovation and opportunity.
If you are a successful business person who wishes to establish a new business or invest in an existing business FOR about AUD200,000 you may be eligible to apply for ACT visa 188 & visa 888 (Permanent Residency) of your Business Skills visa.
Visa 188 Business Innovation Stream – ACT
A provisional visa (four years) for people who want to invest at least $200,000 to establish or purchase a business in Australia
- Invest a minimum of AUD$200,000 to purchase/establish a business in the ACT.
- Or Plan to o Invest at least $600,000 investment in personal and business assets in the ACT; and/or Employ at least the equivalent of two full-time employees who are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or New Zealand passport holders, and are not your family members.
- Make a personal commitment, and have sufficient personal funds, to settle in Canberra upon a grant of the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188) visa – Business Innovation stream.
Visa 188 Business Visa Documentary evidence – ACT
- SkillSelect EOI: full EOI record of response
- Signed declaration acknowledging the ACT nomination obligations as the holder of a subclass188 visa
- Applicant’s resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- ACT Business Proposal (no more than five pages)
- Summary of the applicant’s successful business career (no more than two pages).
- Business registration certificate or license and evidence of share of ownership.
- Full set of financial statements for your business.
- Documentary evidence of business involvement – organization chart; photographs of business premises and business activities (no more than six photos).
- A current Department of Immigration and Border Protection form 1139A – Statement of Assets and Liabilities Position.
- Copy of passport (bio page and Australian visas if any) for the main applicant.
Visa 188 Invest in Canberra Service Fee
- Service fee: $600. The service fee must be paid to complete your application.
ACT LONG TERM ECONOMIC GROWTH FOR VISA 188
With the ACT’s long-term economic growth tracking at twelve percent in the last three years, Canberra has consistently outperformed the rest of Australia, and its continued growth during the global economic downturn has seen the ACT recognized as a star performer among advanced economies. Find the most recent economic results and indicators through the ACT Treasury website.
This business-friendly environment is also the place where Australia’s national political decisions are made and the business of government is transacted, offering contact with the nation’s federal politicians and their advisors, national organisations and key influencers of domestic and international government policy. Close and well linked to other major Australian cities, particularly Sydney and Melbourne, Canberra’s strategic location also allows convenient access to significant agricultural and commercial centers, and the vibrant Asia Pacific region through direct international flights to Singapore and Doha.
All this makes Canberra a city that offers a range of business benefits which cannot be found anywhere else.