- 187– Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS ANZSCO
UNIT GROUP 2311
231111 Aeroplane Pilot
231112 Air Traffic Controller
231113 Flying Instructor
231114 Helicopter Pilot
231199 Air Transport Professionals NEC
231111 AEROPLANE PILOT
Flies aeroplanes to transport passengers, mail and freight, or provide agricultural, aerial surveillance or other aviation services. Registration or licensing is required.
231112 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
Ensures the safe and efficient movement of aircraft in controlled airspace and aerodromes by directing aircraft movements. Registration or licensing is required.
231113 FLYING INSTRUCTOR
Teaches the theory and practical skills of flying aircraft. Registration or licensing is required.
231114 HELICOPTER PILOT
Flies helicopters to transport passengers, mail or freight, or provide agricultural, aviation or aerial surveillance services. Registration or licensing is required.
231199 AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS NEC
This occupation group covers Air Transport Professionals not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft