Agricultural Technician PR Australia
What type of visa as an Agricultural Technician to stay in Australia permanently?
- 407– Training visa (subclass 407)
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) – Medium Term Stream
- 187– Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) State or Territory nominated
AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIANS ANZSCO
UNIT GROUP 3111
311111 Agricultural Technician
311111 AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIAN
Alternative Title: Agricultural Technical Officer
Performs tests and experiments, and provides technical support to assist Agricultural Scientists in areas such as research, production, servicing and marketing.
- examining topographical, physical and soil characteristics of farmland to determine its most effective use and identify nutrient deficiencies
- assisting in developing new methods of planting, fertilising, harvesting and processing crops to achieve optimum land usage
- identifying pathogenic micro-organisms and insects, parasites, fungi and weeds harmful to crops and livestock, and assisting in devising methods of control
- analysing produce to set and maintain standards of quality
- inspecting livestock to gauge the effectiveness of feed formulae
- assisting in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved crop and livestock strains
- arranging the supply of drugs, vaccines and other chemicals to Farmers and Farm Managers, and giving advice on their use
- collecting and collating data for research
- planning slaughtering, harvesting and other aspects of production processes
- may advise producers on farming techniques and management
Skill Assessment Information
Vetassess Group Information
|Level of Qualification||Field of Study||Employment|
|A qualification assessed at AQF Diploma/AQF Advanced Diploma/Australian Associate Degree level||with a highly relevant major||and at least one year of highly relevant employment to the nominated occupation, completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment|
|A qualification assessed at AQF Diploma/AQF Advanced Diploma/Australian Associate Degree level||without a highly relevant major||and at least two years of highly relevant employment to the nominated occupation, completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment|
State/Territory Sponsorship Information
Special Conditions Apply for Provisional 491 visa only Not available for High Points nomination from 12/07/2019 Not available for Chain Migration nomination from 12/07/2019
Competent Plus English (or Proficient overall)
Restrictions or Conditions May Apply to State/Territory Sponsorship – please check with relevant State/Territory for clarification.
Designated Regional Area Postcodes for SA
- Cities and major regional centres: 5000 to 5171, 5173 to 5174, 5231 to 5235, 5240 to 5252, 5351 and 5950 to 5960
- Regional centres and other regional areas: All postcodes in South Australia not mentioned in ‘Cities and major regional centres’ category above
SA Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA)
SA Regional Workforce DAMA – Permanent Pathway (ENS); Age Concession
The Adelaide City Technology and Innovation Advancement DAMA are for local SA employers to sponsor overseas workers in the defence, space and advanced manufacturing and technology industries with the ability to access and retain a highly-skilled workforce. Agribusiness occupations will apply to the businesses located in the 5110-5734 postcodes.
The SA Regional Workforce DAMA is for SA local employers to sponsor regional growth industries of agribusiness, health and aged care, hospitality and tourism, mining and construction sectors with the ability to access and retain a skilled workforce. The age concessions in this DAMA require candidates to be under 50. Agribusiness occupations will apply to the businesses located in the 5110-5734 postcodes.
WA - Graduates
Candidates nominating for occupations that are designated ‘Regional Western Australia only’ in the General and Graduate stream must provide evidence of a job offer/contract of employment in a location defined by the Commonwealth as Category 3 – Regional Centres and Other Regional Areas (not Perth and Mandurah).
Designated Regional Area Postcodes for WA
- Cities and major regional centres: 6000 to 6038, 6050 to 6083, 6090 to 6182, 6208 to 6211, 6214 and 6556 to 6558
- Regional centres and other regional areas: All postcodes in Western Australia not mentioned in ‘Cities and major regional centres’ category above.
Booking a private consultation with us!