Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker ANZSCO – Australian Visa
Need help with choosing Permanent Resident Visa for aboriginal and Torres strait islander health workers in Australia?
411511 ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER HEALTH WORKER
Liaises with patients, clients, visitors to hospitals and other medical facilities and staff at health clinics, and works as a team member to arrange, coordinate and provide health care delivery in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community health clinics. Registration or licensing may be required.
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
Skill Assessment Information
- maintaining health records and statistics
- acting as an advocate in the community they serve, and as a communicator and interpreter on behalf of clients and other health workers
- providing clinical functions, such as case management and follow-up, independently or in consultation with other health care providers
- providing health education to individual clients and staff in health facilities
- providing cultural education to persons outside the cultural community and life skills education to the community they serve
- providing counselling and referring clients to other health care providers where necessary